Monday, April 2, 2012

Royal Enfield 'One Ride 2012' Day in Panjim, Goa

I was lucky to have been able to borrow a Bullet 350 for the first Sunday in April Royal Enfield 'One Ride 2012' while in Goa.  The ride was from Panjim to Old Goa and back again.  I was taken under the wings of three young and very generous Indian Bullet riders to get me to the seaside start off point of the ride (after cold drinks and a great meal!).  A huge thanks to the organizers and participants of the ride - it was a real privilege to be among the RE enthusiasts with such a great variety of old and new Bullets, Thunderbirds and customs!

Below I've embedded a link to a YouTube video (720p max res.) I did up of the few still images (with my backup camera, a Canon G12, not my Nikon D7000) and video (with a GoPro Hero2 in a chest mount).  I could have used more (and better) still images and taken video from some different angles and made a more interesting video, but hopefully this will give a small idea of part of the ride.  Better next time!

(the direct YouTube link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPkZ5UcQ1rU)

...and here's the small version....




....and here are the stills....




My three most excellent guides!  Thanks!

'Desert Storm'
























Getting ready


Instructions for the participants.



In Old Goa

Back in Agonda

I will post movies of the ride (taken with a chest mount GoPro2) after I return to Victoria.

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience! I loved riding in a big group - flowing in formation down the road. What does "one ride" signify?

    ReplyDelete